For most families a household includes yourself plus the number of people that you claim as dependents on your income tax return. This may include children, parents, or other relatives who qualify as dependents on your tax return. Children of divorced parents are counted in the household of the parent who claims them as a dependent (even if the other parent has to pay for the child’s health insurance).
Do not include children who you do not claim as a dependent, even if they still live at home.
Call 2-1-1, Choose Option #1 and ask for EnrollATX to get started on your health care enrollment today!
To find out how much financial assistance you are eligible for, please bring the following documents for each household member to your appointment:
- Government Issued Picture ID – Driver’s License, State ID
- Immigration Document – Legal Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Social Security Card
- Employer and Income Information – W-2 Forms, Paystubs, Wage and Tax Statements, etc.
- Policy Numbers for Current Health Insurance – Including Medicaid, CHIP, and Medicare Benefits
- Valid Email Address – Have your Username and Password Available